Custom Personalized Ogham 11x14 Print
Holiday 2020 Custom Order Deadlines for Domestic Delivery:
- Custom Sterling Silver Pendant: Order by Monday, November 30, 2020
- Custom Prints & Slate Plaques: Order by Sunday, December 6, 2020
- Custom Tattoo JPEGs: Order by Tuesday, December 15, 2020
Your choice of name or word presented in Ogham.
- Presented in white mat and black wood frame in open front corrugated box perfect for gift wrapping
- Shorter names/words may be accommodated in an 8x10 presentation for $60 by clicking here
- Includes a descriptive label on the back of the mat and frame along with a 4x6 card explaining the history of the Ogham alphabet
Due to the nature of the Ogham alphabet, words and names may appear longer once translated. Ogham Art will contact you with any questions or concerns about your custom order. We will work with you to ensure your finished piece is both balanced and aesthetically pleasing.
Ships within 3 weeks. USPS shipping times are in addition to this handling period.
Here is a brief summary of the Ogham alphabet. Stay tuned for more detailed posts in the days to come. Sign up below for the Ogham Art Newsletter to receive email notifications about new postings, blogs, products and events.
Colleen & Chris
Ogham is the earliest written form of Primitive Irish, the oldest of the Gaelic languages. Ogham was first used in Ireland and parts of England, Scotland and Wales between the 2nd and 6th centuries. Though its actual origins remain a mystery today, it is believed the Celts desired a cryptic alphabet that could not be deciphered by Roman Britain.
Represented as a series of perpendicular and intersecting lines, this ancient script is thought to be influenced by the Latin alphabet using 20 characters. It is most commonly written vertically and is read from bottom to top. When presented horizontally, it is read from left to right.